Oswego Village Hall, Oswego, IL
100 Parkers Mill
Oswego, IL 60543
CREATE FUN HALLOWEEN MEMORIES WITH YOUR FAMILY!
Household teams will experience what Oswego has to offer, including historical landmarks; Oswego's hidden gems; parks and unique sights throughout the Village. When finished, teams will have 20 great family photos to remember the 2023 Halloween season.
• Teams must consist of family members who reside in the same household (all ages welcome)
• Fee: $20.00 in advance/$25.00 day of
• Net proceeds benefit the Kendall County Food Pantry
• Online registration closes on Oct. 14 at 11:59 pm, 2023. (Applicable online fees apply.)
EVENT DAY INSTRUCTIONS
1. Decorate your vehicle for Halloween.
2. Get dressed in Halloween costumes.
1. Bring a fully charged mobile phone with photo and e-mail capabilities.
2. Check in at Oswego Village Hall between 11:00 – 11:45 AM. Upon arrival, provide your first and last name and remain inside your vehicle. A Waiver of Liability and Photo Release are required to be signed by all participants or their parents/legal guardians to participate.
3. Volunteers will direct you to designated parking.
4. The Best Decorated Vehicle Contest will begin promptly at check-in. All teams must be checked-in no later than 11:45 AM to be considered.
5. Clues will be passed out after the instructions have been given. Each team will be assigned the clues to their first three starting locations. The first three clues must be solved in the order given to spread everyone out. After that, clues may be solved in any order.
6. Each team will drive from place to place within the Village to solve the clues. After each clue is solved, each team is required to snap a picture including your team at the applicable location, with the Halloween prop indicated in the clue. Next, it should immediately be texted to the Event Coordinator at 1-833-205-6565. Be sure it includes your assigned team letter and the number of the clue being solved. Example: Team A, Clue 1
7. Drivers must obey the posted speed limits at all times.
PRIZES - Up to $100 in gift certificates will be awarded
1. One prize will be awarded to the first team that successfully completes the Scavenger Hunt, or, in the case the allotted time expires, it will go to the team that solves the most clues by 2:30 p.m.
2. One prize will be awarded for the best decorated Halloween-themed vehicle. Decorations can be cute, scary, or funny but must be “in good taste”. No weapons (real or fake) of any kind, will be allowed. Five extra points will be awarded to teams whose entire team is dressed in Halloween costumes. Judging will take place starting at check-in.
Contact Julie Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org.